Lines aren't that hard to circumvent. A gunshot wouldn would have to be high priority, so shoot yourself in the leg/arm and get to the front of the line and "Oh yeah while I'm in here I need this looked at as well."
I'm not for universal healthcare.
There will be long waiting lines, depending on injury type.
The people who are middle class, just making enough to get by, or have decent insurance, will have to pick up taxes on the people who do not do anything at all.
Its like the wellfare system now. It'll be abused over and over.
Lines aren't that hard to circumvent. A gunshot wouldn would have to be high priority, so shoot yourself in the leg/arm and get to the front of the line and "Oh yeah while I'm in here I need this looked at as well."
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Our family pays $587 per month for a family of three, I would love to pay $125 per month, hell, I would throw a block party if that is all I had to pay.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
he arrogance of many Americans is astounding!
Who says we have better health care now? Apparently only people who don't know the fact.
-------------------------------------------------------------
On measures of quality, the U.S. overall ranked 5th out of 6 countries. The U.S. ranked fifth in coordinated care, and last in patients reporting that they have a regular doctor (84% vs. 92%-97% in other countries).
On access measures the U.S. ranked last overall, including last on timeliness of care: 61% of U.S. patients said it was somewhat or very difficult to get care on nights or weekends, compared with 25%-59% in other countries.
------------------------------------------------------------
Who says our system is cheaper?!?!?!
-------------------------------------------------------------
In 2004 the US spent the most per capita on hospital services, and Canada and Japan spent the least. Adjusted for differences in cost of living, inpatient acute care spending per day in the United States was nearly three times the median OECD country ($2,337) and over five times more than Japan ($419).
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
At least argue from an informed position. Just because the PR Director at the hospital says we have the best system in the world now doesn't mean that it's the truth.
Comprehensive international studies rank the U.S. dead freakin' last in healthcare among the world industrialized nations. Really something to stick our chest out about there......
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he arrogance of many Americans is astounding!
Who says we have better health care now? Apparently only people who don't know the fact.
-------------------------------------------------------------
On measures of quality, the U.S. overall ranked 5th out of 6 countries. The U.S. ranked fifth in coordinated care, and last in patients reporting that they have a regular doctor (84% vs. 92%-97% in other countries).
On access measures the U.S. ranked last overall, including last on timeliness of care: 61% of U.S. patients said it was somewhat or very difficult to get care on nights or weekends, compared with 25%-59% in other countries.
------------------------------------------------------------
Who says our system is cheaper?!?!?!
-------------------------------------------------------------
In 2004 the US spent the most per capita on hospital services, and Canada and Japan spent the least. Adjusted for differences in cost of living, inpatient acute care spending per day in the United States was nearly three times the median OECD country ($2,337) and over five times more than Japan ($419).
</div></div>
I don't know where this came from, but this is from a horrible source...
*5th of which 6 countries????
*Look at that Japan was the cheapest...Do you have any idea what you are talking about??? Do some research on China/Japan and their healthcare system...Baby limmits, ect. ect. Are you aware that they pay for all the citizens health care, not taxed out of them, and they are communist, so they simply tell the heart doctor that he will do a valve replacement for $100, and if he says no, then he is fired, plain and simple...
Good Grief....I mean Idon't even know what to say about it, I could go on with facts for days....
I do healthcare for a living, I am well educated in this feild, I study it daily, including what is going on, and what kinda care is being given in other countries.
If you think China and Canada are better than here, Simply check them out for your self
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least argue from an informed position. Just because the PR Director at the hospital says we have the best system in the world now doesn't mean that it's the truth.
</div></div>
I am pretty sure I am the most informed on this board, just a guess
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
LOL @ being informed because you work in the industry.
http://pressesc.com/01179219349_us_h...east_effective
http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/story.cms?id=6506
So....you're more informed than professionals who spent significant time in a comprehensive study of the issue with all data available to them? Wow! You must be something ......
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
While I'm at it I never said that they didn't look at her, my post may have been misinterpreted that way, but I never said it and never intended that to be the impression.
They refused to admit her to the hospital despite her condition.
That is the last I have to say about that part of the thread. Period!
I'm more than willing to discuss the sorry state of our healthcare system however.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That is the last I have to say about that part of the thread. Period!
</div></div>
Then why even bring it up?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm more than willing to discuss the sorry state of our healthcare system however. </div></div>
Nothing wrong with the system. The only thing wrong is that entirely too many people think they are entitled to something.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks